The Las Lomitas League basketball program is open to all Las Lomitas and La Entrada students (and non-student residents) in 3rd through 8th grades in the Las Lomitas Elementary School District. Player evaluations will be Saturday, November 4, 2017 and coaches announce their teams a week later. Practices begin in mid-November, games begin in early December, and the season ends in mid March.
- Students may withdraw for a 90% refund if the registrar is contacted within one week of notification of your team placement. There will be no refunds after this time.
- We are unable to accommodate placement of players on specific teams for carpooling or friendship purposes.
- We cannot permit players to switch teams once teams are announced without the approval of the Basketball Athletic Director.
Evaluations / Rosters / Schedules
Player evaluation day will be held on Saturday, November 4 at the La Entrada Gym. Evaluations are used strictly to divide each grade level into fair and balanced teams. Each division holding evaluations will be assigned an hour on Saturday when the players must come to La Entrada for evaluations. If your student is unable to attend their assigned time, please inform your division coordinator. Note that the 8th grade divisions may not hold evaluations.
|Sat, Nov 4th||Division||Gym|
|8.50am – 9.30am||3rd girls||LE Gym|
|9.30am – 10:30am||3rd boys||LE Gym|
|10:30am – 11:15am||4th boys||LE Gym|
|11:15am – 12:00pm||7th boys||LE Gym|
|12:00pm – 12:45pm||5th girls||LE Gym|
|12:45pm – 1:30pm||5th boys||LE Gym|
|1:30pm – 2:30pm||6th boys||LE Gym|
|2:30pm – 3:15pm||6th girls||LE Gym|
The following grades/genders will not have evaluations due to small numbers and coaches familiarity:
4th Girls, 7th girls, and 8th grade boys and girls.
Game Days – assigned by Menlo Park Youth Basketball League (subject to change):
|3rd grade Girls||Saturday|
|3rd grade Boys||Saturday|
|4th grade Girls||Saturday|
|4th grade Boys||Saturday|
|5th grade Girls||Monday|
|5th grade Boys||Saturday|
|6th grade Girls||Tuesday|
|6th grade Boys||Wednesday|
|7th grade Girls||Thursday|
|7th grade Boys||Friday|
|8th grade Girls||Monday|
|8th grade Boys||Monday|
Coaches / Volunteers
- We need coaches! Please consider coaching a team. Email Tim Goode, Basketball Athletic Director for more information.
- This program cannot exist without the help of parent volunteers. Whether as a coach, team parent, uniform coordinator, or Evaluation Day assistant, please consider volunteering your time in some capacity.
- We enter our 3rd through 7th grade teams in the Menlo Park Youth Basketball League run by the City of Menlo Park Recreation Department. Games are played from December through March in either Arrillaga Family Gymnasium or the Onetta Harris Recreation Center.
- We enter our 8th grade teams in the Mid-Peninsula Middle School League (MPMSL). This recreational league was formed by the middle school Athletic Directors to help reduce the load on the Menlo Park Recreation League, which is stretched for playing time/space by the enormous number of teams participating. The MPMSL operates under the same philosophies as the Menlo Park Youth Basketball League.